“Healthy Eyes are more than just 20/20”
At Optiview Eye Clinic we are dedicated to providing our patients with thorough and comprehensive eye examinations. These typically consist of several stages, including:
- A preliminary case history, which includes patient medical information and concerns
- Examination of visual acuities, visual fields, extra-ocular muscle movements, binocularity, focusing ability, and colour vision
- Determination of optimal visual acuity and appropriate refraction (eyeglass or contact lens prescription)
- Measurement of intraocular pressure (IOP) and assessment of eyelids/adnexa, conjunctiva, corneal surfaces, lens, vitreous, retina, retinal vasculature, and optic nerves. This may involve a dilated fundus exam, which allows the eye doctor to assess the health of the peripheral retinal areas. Patient’s are advised that dilated fundus exams typically result in light sensitivity and near blur for approximately 4-6 hours following the procedure.
- Additional tests, such as computer assisted visual fields, retinal photographs, and corneal topography, where necessary
- Patient education about exam findings
DIGITAL EYE EXAMS
At Optiview Eye Clinic we strive to provide our patients with the latest in eye care technology. Our office if equipped with the state of the art Nidek RS-330 Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomograph (SD-OCT) and High-Definition Fundus Camera imaging technology.
OCT Scanning is the most sophisticated tool available for assessing eye health and managing eye conditions including diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, and glaucoma.