We're happy to be accepting patients again for routine eye exams and eye care!
Our team has put in place several protocols for patient safety:
- We will need to reschedule you to a later date if you have any signs or symptoms of a cold or flu including: runny nose, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, or a fever.
- We will need to reschedule anyone who has been outside of BC in the past two weeks.
- Please bring a mask, it will be required to be worn throughout your visit. We can provide a mask if you don't have access to one.
- Limit to one guest per patient and only if absolutely necessary (For children and if a translator is required)
- Arrive 5 to 10 minutes early and call us from your car when you arrive. Our staff will provide further instructions over the phone.
- A hand sanitization station has been setup at the front entrance. Please clean your hands thoroughly upon entering the clinic.
- The seats in our waiting room have been numbered. Upon entering, a staff member will assign you seat number and direct you to a designated place.
We are excited to offer teleoptometry services! (BC Residents only with a valid care card). If you are concerned about an eye infection, eye problem, medication refill, or other health related eye concerns our telehealth platform can be used to see an eye doctor online. If you require a prescription this can be sent directly to your pharmacy of choice.
During the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak this is a safe way to receive eye care while practicing social distancing and avoiding walk-in clinics or hospital emergency rooms.
Our optometrists are able to see BC patients through secure live webcam and audio connection using Windows or Mac PC, or Android or Apple Smartphones.