Dry Eye Clinic
“Better Vision. Better Health.”
What are the symptoms of Dry Eye?
The symptoms of dry eye can include grittiness or foreign body sensation in the eyes, pain, burning, excess tearing / wateriness, itchiness, redness, blurry vision, and increased blink rate.
What causes Dry Eye?
Dry Eye is a multi-factorial disease which has a variety of different root causes ranging from excess computer/smartphone use, environmental factors, lack of proper nutrition, hormonal changes, inadequate lid hygiene, contact lens use, side effects of medications, and more.
How is Dry Eye Diagnosed?
- Measurement of tear production volume
- Meibomian gland assessment
- Corneal staining with Flourescein
- Anterior Segment Photos
- Dry Eye Questionnaire
How is Dry Eye Treated?
Depending on the type of dry eye you have been diagnosed with a customized treatment program is initiated which may include:
- Blephex eyelid/eyelash cleaning
- In office Meibomian Gland Expression
- Punctal Plugs
- Preservative Free Artificial Tears
- Prescription Dry Eye Medication (Restasis, Xiidra)
- Eyelid hygiene products (tea tree oil wipes)
- Nutritional Supplements (Omega 3’s)
Optiview Eye Clinic – Doctors of Optometry
106 – 7500 120th Street
Surrey, BC, V3W 3N1